Monday 11 January 2010

EN6482 first post

I seldom use technology in the language learning context as I am not very good at IT. I can only make use of some simple IT tools to facilitate my teaching such as Words, PowerPoint etc in my lessons. Recently, I also find YouTube a very useful tool to facilitate my English teaching. For example, playing some English videos or music video.

There's an elearning system (i.e. eclass) at school. However, I am still not very familiar with this system now. All of the teachers need to book the classrooms through Eclass but we still seldom use it as a platform to communicate with our students.

I hope that I can enrich my knowledge in technology from this course. By the end of the course, I hope that I can be more confident making use of technology to faciliate my teaching in English.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Agnes - you are starting down an exciting path! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we can make good use of the simple IT tools to achieve our teaching goals, it would be fine because our main purpose is to meet the teaching goals but not to use the very complicated technology. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree: it's important that we start with the leaning goals and then proceed to the technology, not the other way around. Hopefully, by the end of the course, you will have revised your ideas about what is 'simple' technology, and therefore have a greater range of tools that you can choose from in teaching and learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear classmates,

    Try not to make any comments here as I have a new blog. I can't access to this blog anymore. My new blog is http://waiman1102.blogspot.com/

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete